Monday, August 7, 2023

No calorie counting, but I lost weight? Confused!

F20s, 5’6”, SW: 253, GW1: 200, GW2: 160, CW: 237

About two months ago, I’d weighed the highest I’d ever been and was diagnosed with a few things that could definitely be alleviated with weight loss, so I made the decision to work at losing weight.

For all of June, I counted calories (CICO) and went to the gym consistently (weight lifting + low impact cardio) and saw some results (lost about 8 lbs). Then, for the past month, I’ve gotten really busy and have had to focus on some other stuff and completely neglected CICO and didn’t go to the gym at all. I checked my weight today and found out I lost another 8 lbs!

I’m happy about this, but very confused. I haven’t been exercising or counting calories; the only differences in my life between this month and before starting weight loss is that my eating habits are a bit better? I eat three meals at proper mealtimes and try to stop eating when I’m full, but I’m not super active about making sure it’s fitting my macros or anything (still eating a decent amount of carbs), and I don’t restrict indulgences (I eat dessert maybe 2x a week but because of that, I don’t have the urge to binge them anymore).

Is this a fluke? Can anyone tell me why my weight loss was the same as when I was trying as to when I wasn’t?

submitted by /u/Ancient-Squirrel7766
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/BY4noPI

No comments:

Post a Comment