Tuesday, August 1, 2023

I’m 25% done… here’s how I want to go from here.

Hey, hi, everyone! I want to share a major victory in my journey. Today, I am officially 25% closer to my weight loss goal.

Originally, I only posted about the victory, but I’d like to share some of the changes I plan to make going forward as well.

At this point, I have the routine of a calorie deficit down. Weighing my food, cooking, and cutting out (most) drinks has been relatively simple.

However, there are three specific habits I really would like to reform going forward.

  1. I initially gave up sugar in my coffee, but there is a Starbucks within walking distance of my second job. So I’ve been going probably twice a week now for like a month. It’s within my calorie deficit, but it’s expensive and I could eat more instead of having a drink. My goal is to give up flavored coffee (especially from cafes/coffee shops) by the end of August.

  2. I want to get back into exercising. I’ve had a hard time doing it lately because I have three jobs & between them all, I’m exhausted. However, I will drop 2 of the jobs when I go back to school in a month. I want to plan exclusive time into my day to do even a small workout. Adding this, plus an average of 20,000 steps while I’m on campus, will definitely get me into some better habits.

  3. The hardest, in my opinion, is I am going to learn how to grocery shop. I’m asking my mom for help to teach me how to budget appropriately. My goal is to buy foods that are healthy and satiating. I move to my apartment in 2 weeks, so this is a definite MUST for me.

Anyway, here is a picture of me jumping for joy. Yay to the habits that got me here and even more YAY to the habits that will allow me to reach my ultimate goal!

Edit: grammatical error

submitted by /u/earthyisland
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/pPUn8Be

No comments:

Post a Comment