Saturday, January 11, 2020

Help! I'm trying to transition from unhealthy weight loss methods (VLCD) to healthy, but my progress has slowed so much and I'm losing patience

For background information, I probably have some kind of 'eating disorder' but it doesn't really matter because I am overweight and that is a more pressing issue. I used to binge and purge food but I have now stopped, but the urge is still there.

I'm male, 25, 6ft and 211lbs. I used to be about 260 but I have been on a very low calorie diet to lose this weight. I originally started at 1200, but ended up cutting down to about 300 calories a day. I only ate broccoli, tofu and seeds. I lost weight quickly.

I started suffering from extreme tiredness and brain fog, even though I was drinking a lot of coffee. It had started to impact my job, so I decided that i had to start eating more.

I have been eating 1500 calories a day while also working out for an hour a day for two weeks now, and I haven't lost a single pound. I'm about to give up, what is wrong with me? I am also dealing with extreme hunger. Oddly I wasn't that hungry while eating 300 calories a day but now I have this urge to just stuff my face with food all the time. One day I went over my calorie allowance when I ate a piece of cake and I was so close to purging it.

I want to go back to 300 calories a day since obviously this is not working for me, but is there any other things I can try to make it work? I want to lose weight in a healthy way if I can, but my body doesn't seem to want me to.

submitted by /u/RareAfternoon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TbY0YC

No comments:

Post a Comment