Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Two and a half weeks in

My weight loss journey technically began mid-december. Lurking in the r/fitness sub, I read about IF and decided to try it. I'd been unhappy with my weight (148) for quite some time.

Skipping breakfasts and restraining myself from pigging out and doing all of the baking that I wanted to do over the holidays, I went from 148 to 146 by the new year. I didn't make any resolutions; in my experience those set me up for failure. But I did want to lose weight and get down to 120 lbs, which at my height is a healthy BMI. I also wanted to lose the pudginess from my stomach and thighs.

I found this sub and began lurking here. I read a lot of amazing, inspiring stories. Everyone's positivity here is great. I read through the wiki, read (again) about CICO, and decided to make another attempt to lose weight. I've previously tried using MFP, but I fell into the trap of not logging everything because "it was just a bite" or I felt guilty about it and somehow had the idea that if I didn't log it, it didn't count. Eventually I stopped altogether, claiming that it was too much work and I was seeing no results.

I downloaded loseit and began logging foods. I still skip breakfast. I must admit, measuring everything can be tedious. But the work is worth it. 17 days in, I've lost 6.8 lbs.

submitted by /u/pedantic-hedgehog
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30Iu1JP

No comments:

Post a Comment