Thursday, July 2, 2020

I knew I shouldn’t have, but I did a cleanse... mad regrets.

Has anyone tried a cleanse in the middle of your weight loss process and found that it completely stunted your progress?!

SW 186, CW 162, GW 130

I lost 20lbs in about a month and a half, mainly through exercise at first. After the first 10lbs (mostly water weight), I began to restrict my caloric intake in addition to working out. I wasn’t calorie counting until a few weeks ago- I measure everything and count all the oils and spices too- if anything, I tend to log a smidge, really, just a smidge larger measurements than I actually eat just to be on the safe side.

A couple weeks ago, a friend talked me into doing a dumb Isagenix cleanse for 9 days. It’s a total of 4 “cleanse days” (2 towards the beginning, 2 at the end) where all you consume is water, their liquid cleanse mix, and a few approved snacks (conveniently all Isagenix products... I didn’t buy the extra crap and mainly just stuck to 5-7 soaked almonds). The rest of the days are “shake days”- you eat two meals of their protein shake plus 1 normal meal of 400-600 calories.

Even with the less calorie intake during the 9 days, the scale barely budged at all in comparison to the level of progress before. I think I lost 3-4 pounds in total. I mean, it’s not bad, and TBH, my goal for the cleanse wasn’t to lose a ton of pounds, I was more trying to rewire my brain in regards to snacking and emotional eating (I was starting to get a wee bit loosey goosey right before the cleanse.)

Now, I’m off the cleanse and eating normal foods again- still making healthy choices. Still counting calories and back to working out diligently. But for some reason, I’m just straight up gaining the pounds! Well, lie. I gained a couple back and am hovering about 2-3lbs above where I was at the end of the cleanse, which was 160... it’s been two weeks of this nonsense! I wonder if this is because I was consuming at such a deficit on the cleanse that now, any caloric intake is not “deficit” enough for my body... sounds like ridiculous logic, I know... and I know this is probably just a temporary stunt, but I still feel defeated and discouraged. I know my calorie input is lower than my output because not only am I already eating at deficit (1,000-1,300 calories a day), I also burn a ton of calories daily - anywhere from 700 to 1,200 (numbers according to my Apple Watch, which I like to consider a bit higher than what my actual calories burned probably is, again, to be on the safe side).

I’m probably discouraged for nothing. I’m doing all I can, and even introduced 16:8 IF this week (failed twice already 😂). I’m sure the scale will move again soon... I guess long story short, DONT DO STUPID CLEANSES. They’re just a money-making gimmick... 500% regret doing that cleanse...

submitted by /u/MoonieJS
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BwkDRd

No comments:

Post a Comment