Thursday, July 2, 2020

It’s been one year and a day since I began my weight loss journey! (462lbs —> 265lbs)

Hey r/loseit, u/fyrewal here and I’ve been a long time lurker of this subreddit and several others including r/intermittentfasting and others.

I began my weight loss journey on July 1, 2019, with a plan to log my calories (in MyFitnessPal), create a calorie deficit, intermittent fast and begin exercising. Doing those three things for the past 367 days I’ve lost 197 pounds going from my beginning weight of 462 pounds to my current weight of 265 pounds.

People have been asking me recently how I “did it,” how I lost so much weight, and there’s no magic bullet or one-size-fits-all weight loss plan. It took me years of trying and failed attempts to finally get it right and my progress today isn’t without a ton of personal willpower and hard work.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that for anyone reading this who is unhappy with their weight but has tried before and failed, don’t let your past failures discourage you and dictate your will to try again. I wish I could go back and tell younger me that was struggling with losing weight and plateauing that it is possible to lose weight and that I just had to educate myself on how to do it. That’s what r/loseit and r/intermittentfasting helped me to do, to educate myself on how to lose weight and I’m forever grateful to the entire community for the role it played in my success.

TL;DR researching on r/loseit and other subreddits helped me lose 197 pounds in 12 months and you can do it too!

Obligatory before and after pic: before/after

Edit: I went from a BMI of 59.3 to a BMI of 34.0.

submitted by /u/fyrewal
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3imC9Ij

No comments:

Post a Comment