Saturday, July 4, 2020

[MM, SV] half, there is half of me now 39 M 244/492 6'1"

A few days ago I reached the point where I've lost more than I currently weigh.

At my first appointment with the Dr I weighed in at 492. I had been trying since late September to lose weight. This Dr appointment was late November 2018. There is a chance I was over 500.

She told me about Dr. Fung. I looked him up and started immediately to follow his intermittent fasting regime. I jumped right in at OMAD and multi-day fasting too.

The longest I fasted for is 16 days. I lost 36 in that time. I stopped because the doc asked me to. I change up my fasting times often to not have a set schedule and keep my body wondering. It's gotten strange during pandemic. Based on what was available at the store determined if I fasted longer or shorter.

When I do eat I keep it keto. Big parts of my diet are pecans, cream cheese, eggs, and cheddar cheese. Use popcorn seasoning and other spices to make the pecans more tasty and get some salt in. I make great omelettes now.

It won't happen overnight, but with persistent effort and stubbornness you can do it.

I do believe my success is partially based on being single and pet free. I can determine when to eat without being tempted by others eating.

Other things to help. DON'T BUY IT. Don't buy the bad food in the first place. Worried you'll snack on something? Leave it in the store. I know easier said than done.

For a goal, I don't know how low I can go. When you get that big your bones have to strengthen to handle it. So I'm unsure how much bone growth I have. I found out my chest is 12" thick and I don't have big muscles in my chest and back. So that much thickness is going to probably prevent me from getting into ideal BMI. I do have lose skin. IDC, but knowing it's hanging off me with it's own mass keeping me from ideal BMI too.

I walk 5-7 days a week, 2-6 miles per day. Part of this is boredom. Skipping meals and all that goes with it frees up time and money.

I did talk a break from weight loss from Nov 2019 until May 2020 to eat and try maintenance to see if I could do it. I saw the doc early in Nov 2019 weighing in down 207 in under a year.

Anyway that's about it.

submitted by /u/westernhopefull
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31JvbHh

No comments:

Post a Comment