Saturday, February 13, 2021

I lost 40 pounds in quarantine.

I try not to tell allot of people because so many people have struggled with their weight during the last year.

I was about 40-50 pounds more than I wanted to be. 5’11 female about 180 lbs. I knew it was too much but between work, kids and activities I never could really find the time to workout like I wanted to. I’ve always enjoyed running and would consistently do 20-30 minute jogs everyday but then I was so busy that would be all I had time for.

Once lockdown happened I told myself I didn’t have the “I’m too busy to workout” excuse anymore. I ran every morning and walked every afternoon. I started paying attention to what I was eating, no restaurant food and making everything at home.

Not only have I become a pretty good cook, but consistently lost 10 pounds a month for 4 months straight. I’m currently 141 and have maintained that since July (7 months now!) I didn’t have a goal weight, and never counter a calorie.

What I’ve learned is losing weight is about the choices we make. Everyday the smaller choices add up to change. I wish I could say it was hard but it wasn’t. I know everyone’s bodies are different and people metabolize everything different. But I know that at pushing 40, with my best athletic days way behind me, it’s still as simple as eating right and moving more. No excuses. Everyday.

I don’t know who needed to hear this today, but I’m here for you in your weight loss journey! You can totally do this!

submitted by /u/Ok_Performer_8645
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3rPXmy7

No comments:

Post a Comment