Friday, February 12, 2021

Not all stories are successful ones — almost eight years of many losses and I am on my heaviest

This is a graph that shows my progress since 2012.

The date is formatted as day/month/year and each line represents a specific category of BMI calculated from my height (5'8'')

As you can see, there are several (~10) periods where I was losing weight. The biggest one was in 2015 when I lost 50 lbs. This was when I learned about counting calories, which was the method that worked for me. I was also running back then, so it helped.

But after nothing in particular I just stopped. Counting calories stopped making sense and I was indulging myself more and more and lost track of it. I regained the weight back again. 45 lbs, practically all of my progress.

In September of 2016 I decided to reactivate my weight loss. Having had the knowledge from 2015, I was able to lose ~20 lbs without too much problem and at a good rate, but just for a short period. At that time I was looking for a job until I got one in 2017, but even with more time to think about my health things weren't working health-wise.

I repeated it several times and was able to lose some several times. When I was counting calories I logged everything (something like my fitness pal). I was very diligent and didn't miss a bit, even though I never restricted any food I liked.

The graph shows that every drop in weight is very steep. This is because the y axis ranges from 2012 to today, but also it shows that, for me, counting calories is very effective. This suggests that I don't have a problem losing weight and I can do it if I go through the process, but I do have a long term problem that I am yet unable to solve. For 8 years, it didn't stay with me. I loved 2015. I loved the food, the exercises, the changes on my body, the better physical and mental health, the girls that were attracted to me... And I never love the food I eat when I am gaining weight. I am always aware that what I am eating has bad nutritional value, sometimes it is not even good, it is often more expensive, very bad for me and it makes me sick if I ate too much of it... But I kept going back to it.

So yeah. I am on this journey again, for the nth time. I hope you get more success than I did. Maybe in 8 years I come back to tell you a different story. Stay safe!

submitted by /u/mvpetri
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3rMy4AY

No comments:

Post a Comment