Monday, February 15, 2021

Theme of the week to keep things exciting?

I was mapping out my weight loss plan when I realized this adventure isn't going to be new and exciting forever. While trying to figure out ideas for making it more sustainable (rewards? breaks? heck yeah!) I thought of a new concept to add to the mix: themed weeks!

I will be dieting for a minimum of 35 weeks, but most likely closer to 50 weeks. What if I gave each of those weeks a theme?

Most of the themes I thought of were food related, because, let's be honest, I didn't get to a point where I need to lose weight because I don't like food. This will allow me to look forward to and have my favorite foods and keep motivated to stay on track.

Examples:

Week 1: Replace one meal with low-calorie ice cream EVERY DAY (YES! ICE CREAM EVERY DAY!)

Week 2: Dollar Store food only! Can I make low-calorie meals with only things I found at the Dollar Store for an entire week? I bet I can!

Week 3: Whole foods only! Can I survive on only single-ingredient foods for a full week? Let's see!

Week 4: Pizza! Savory pizza-y grits for breakfast? Tortilla pizza for lunch? Real pizza for dinner? The possibilities are endless! Will I get sick of pizza this week? Who knows?!

Week 5: Eat only outside! Dark? Eat outside. Raining? Eat outside. Beautiful, sunny day? Heck yeah, eat outside!

Week 6: Try something new! Try at least one new thing each day for a week.

Editing to add Week 7: Childhood favorites! Eat like your inner-child (but make low-cal versions of childhood favs!)

Per u/JerseyPeach04's comment: Smoothie / Soup Week: Create some new veggie & fruit filled smoothies and soups!

To add onto their comment: Rainbow Week: Eat foods consisting of mostly one color for a day, then switch to another every day until the end of the week!

That's about all I've come up with so far. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this idea, and perhaps some themes that come to mind for you!

submitted by /u/powelale000
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37j2gf9

No comments:

Post a Comment