Thursday, June 2, 2022

Advice on how many calories to eat to lose weight while gaining some muscle.

I recently decided to get fit again. I have gone through a weight transformation before, went from 275 to 180ish over the course of a year and a half, but as of 2 weeks ago I'm back up to around 240. I have quit drinking, am counting calories, and looking at my macros as well. My question and trouble is that the first time I lose weight, I did so with only weight loss in mind. I weighed 275, but I wasn't just morbidly obese, I was a football player and had a decent amount of muscle on my frame. I counted calories at 1900 then and lost a ton of weight, and a ton of my muscle. That was almost 5 years ago at this point and my weight has been gradually going back up. I'm not as muscled as I was at my peak fitness, but I still have some muscle. I have a very active job were I walk on average around 9 miles a day and then work out on a push, HIIT\abs, pull routine. Right now I'm trying to come in at around 2400 calories a day with around 180 grams of proteins and carbs and fat to fill in the rest. I know most of the gains/losses happen in the kitchen so basically, does 2400 calories with those macros sound alright or is that too little calories for what I do? With this routine in 2 weeks I'm down 10 lbs. I know probably half of that is water weight, but I don't want to go to quick and risk losing what muscle I have already.

TLDR: I'm eating 2400 calories, around 180 grams of proteins/carbs fat fills out rest of calories, 5'11", Male, weigh 230 currently and would like to build some muscle but focus on fat loss. Advice?

submitted by /u/AcademicAnal
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Or1ac9w

No comments:

Post a Comment