Thursday, June 2, 2022

I am doing it!

Hi everyone, long-time lurker here, first time poster (26F, H: 154cm, SW: 73.1 kg, CW: 71.5 kg, GW: 55.0 kg).

After feeling not so great about my body recently, I decided to take this health journey seriously. While I have never been diagnosed with an ED in the past, I have always had a very unhealthy approach to my body and food. I grew up on the chubbier side and was bullied for it, until I drastically cut my calories and eventually lost a lot of weight. This was of course not sustainable and over the course of a few years, I gained all the weight back and some more.

Flash forward to now, I am 26 years old and trying to lose weight healthily. I used this sub-Reddit as my motivation everyday. I decided to stick to it this time, because it is not mainly about weight loss: it is about a lifestyle change and the weight loss will follow.

I have been doing CICO (between 1100 and 1200 kcals per day) for 24 days now, with #growwithJo home workouts 6 days a week. I average a total of 7000 - 10 000 steps everyday and have cut back to one junk meal per week. Over these 24 days, I have lost 1.6 kgs which feels very slow to me but I keep reminding myself of my mindset change to keep going.

(Side note: I assume I am underestimating my kcals intake but my food scale is being delivered next week so hopefully fixing that soon!)

I just wanted to say thank you for all your posts, they are very motivating. As a bonus, if any of you have any tips to incorporate more exercise or accelerate weight loss - please let me know!

submitted by /u/Taaannnn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/4FVgoRP

No comments:

Post a Comment