Tuesday, June 7, 2022

It's crazy how weight loss can be its own motivation.

I've flaired this as a Day 1 even though I know a long time ago I've done a day 1 post, but this is the first time in my life I've been really motivated to do it and hopefully, this will be my last Day 1 post!

So I don't really have a huge desire to lose weight outside of just wanting to be with my wife for as long as I can.

About 8 months ago I started taking meds for my ADD and one of the weird side effects was I stops feeling hungry as much, the only way I could describe it was it's like when you're hungry it's like someone screaming in your ear "HUNGRY! EAT!" but after starting the meds it suddenly dropped a bunch to were it's more like someone yelling "HUNGRY! EAT!" from the end of the block instead, so that helped me start losing a bit of weight.

At the end of last year, my wife underwent gastric sleeve surgery and suddenly there were a lot of bad foods that made her not feel well, mostly fast food and such so we cut 90% of that out of our lives. And suddenly I'm losing almost as much as she was in the first month or two.

But recently we both got covid and that tanked my hunger even further, like one day I'd eat just half a sandwich for the day. But on the upside suddenly I step on the scale and it reads 299.8, for the first time in nearly a decade I'm under 300 and suddenly I'm motivated to not just ride along with my wife's journey but start doing things myself. I've stopped snacking as much and picking healthier options and/or better portions when possible.

Now I doubt I'll be shedding pounds, and I don't know how long I'll manage to stick on this kick but it's nice to actually want to lose weight rather than letting it happen as a side product of changes made to our lifestyle.

submitted by /u/Betamaletim
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/b02XPfK

No comments:

Post a Comment