Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Weight Loss is loss is all about adjustments

This is my sage advice for the day....

For myself, I learned a long time ago (several diets ago), that one workout per day does not do anything for me on the scale. I've been working out almost every day for many many years. And I still gained a gazillion pounds (60 or so). I had bad eating and drinking habits that ruined any progress I may have made on the scale. So when I finally set my mind to losing weight again, the first change I made was adding an additional workout to my day. And with the exception of two days, I made this a daily habit.

I started using Lumen. I liked the data it was giving me. And I like gadgets. I even learned some things from it. I used that for a little while. But I wasn't making much progress. Then I added up the calories from the macros Lumen wanted me to eat every day, and it was over 1900. Which was counteracting the two workouts a day I was doing. So I adjusted my system again. I started relying on Chronometer for my calorie plan instead. And the weight started coming off more quickly.

I've been frustrated the last week or two because I felt the work I was doing wasn't showing up on the scale. Then I took a look at what I was actually doing and realized that the Dove candies I was grazing on throughout the day wasn't being input into Chronometer, and I was probably eating way more of those than I wanted to admit to. So today, I adjusted my system again...and nothing gets eaten that isn't first logged.

I just wanted to write this long-winded, hopefully not too preachy post to say that it's extremely helpful to periodically take a look at what you're doing every day and make sure all of your choices are sending you in the direction you want to be going. If not, then adjust accordingly.

submitted by /u/Original_Moose_2490
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/TJaNvOP

No comments:

Post a Comment