Saturday, June 4, 2022

Lost weight but feel uglier than ever

Like a lot of people, I gained weight during covid and had a hard time looking at myself in the mirror. The combination of weight gain and depression made me not recognize the person I let myself become and it took me about a year to come back. I am down 36 lbs since then (196 -> 160) and have made a lot of positive life changes (limiting alcohol, controlling portions, walking everyday) and now am at the weight I was at the beginning of the pandemic. The problem is I think I look worse than ever. I don't know if I am just more hyper focused on my looks because of my year of weight loss or what, but it is really hard to find the confidence to interact with most people (especially new people). In the back of my head I am always thinking "oh god they think I am so ugly". My bf hypes me up often and says I look great, but it is really stressing me out. I am buying new makeup and clothes and still think I look terrible. Has anyone else dealt with this before? Not sure what to do.

submitted by /u/throwawayCA12345567
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xhu6Zy

No comments:

Post a Comment