Friday, June 3, 2022

NSV: Fitness Is Starting To Pay Off Only A Few Weeks In — Worth It!

So this is maybe the first time I’m actually enjoying my fitness journey and feel very level headed about it. It honestly may be because I spent years bedridden from an undiagnosed autoimmune disease that’s now diagnosed and being treated, allowing me to function again. But I really got the bitter taste of what it’s like not to have control over your body or be able to move easily. When I was very sick, I said that if I ever made it to the other side, I wouldn’t take my body and the ease in which it used to move for granted again. It still took me about a year and a half after that to get on track and serious about my goals.

I’ve been adding fitness into my life. I’ve been calling it my ‘fitness journey’ alongside my weight loss/health journey. Because I have goals other than being a certain weight and being able to look a certain way (heaviest 335, starting again at 317; weighed in at 311 three weeks ago and will be weighing again in another week), I also want to be able to jog by this time next year. I just see myself jogging! And so I really want to be, and have been building my fitness up over the past few weeks. Started at 10 minutes, then went to 15, then 20, and then this AM I couldn’t workout because I felt very dizzy, but managed to get a walk in later in the day because I was feeling better.

Well, I walked up this incline that I usually do and it usually knocks the air out of me, like halfway up I feel it. Hard to breathe. Legs hurt a bit. It’s been hard on my body to do it. But today I went up it, pretty fast paced, and I was waiting to have that feeling. I was surprised because it didn’t really come! I just think that’s very cool and shows that I’m becoming fitter. That my blood and oxygen is circulating better. That’s the goal here, and even just this little bit has made a difference.

So, keep going. If you want to see progress, look for it even in the small places. Though I don’t even feel this was a small thing. It’s pretty huge that I don’t feel so winded just on a small incline!

submitted by /u/EBeewtf
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/NpH7Urc

No comments:

Post a Comment