Friday, June 3, 2022

Should I tone it down or hold out?

(22M, 70kg/155lbs, 170cm/5'6")

After years of very slow but consistent weight loss, I recently noticed that I had unknowingly started eating more and gaining weight again, so I decided to take aggressive action.

Before (when gaining weight) I was eating ~2200 kcal a day with no exercise whatsoever. Now I'm eating ~1500 kcal a day, with 15 min cardio and weight lifting.

I tried ~1100 kcal at first, but it left me feeling sick and weak very quickly, so I upped it a bit. With 1500 kcal I no longer feel that sickness, but I do still feel hungry all the goddamn time. (My meals are protein-heavy and I drink loads of water so that isn't it). I really hate this. I've never been spiraling so much in hatred of my body as I have been lately. I haven't even been going for that long but I'm already contemplating quiting. Is this really worth it? All this misery just to be skinny? But then I also don't want to be weak and quit so easily.

I keep reading conflicting stories. One says that it's normal to feel so hungry, that the first few weeks are the worst but your body will adjust. Others say that this isn't normal, you should eat more, and will likely even see better results like this. I don't know what to belief.

submitted by /u/Themlethem
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZKYbcs

No comments:

Post a Comment