Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Doctor visit today

Hello

Went to the doctors office today and I weighed in at 459 lbs. I am 22 lbs lighter than my last visit 3 months ago and down 40 from last November

For months my doc wanted me on Ozempic or another weight loss injectable. She thought the weight loss was caused by the medicine: however with my schedule I had yet had a chance to get the approval for the medicine. When I told her it was caused by me working at losing weight she was very proud of my progress and to keep at it and the medicine is there if I plateau, or if my A1C goes up as I am borderline diabetic.

I need to work harder on my food intake to cut out fast food and junk food more but I am happy for my progress!!

There was no mention of gastric bypass either!! In the past visits I was highly encouraged to look into this but with my progress it seems that this was tabled as well. I do not want to go under the knife so this is a victory!

My goal is to be 399 or lower by the end of 2023. This is 3lbs a week to lose.

Appreciate all your support through this journey. I know I need to do better to hit my goal as the 40lbs lost has been over 8 months.

Edit: I am down a shirt size to 4xlt from a 5xlt and it felt good to be able to wear smaller clothing. That is a victory as one of my goals is to be able to walk into Walmart/Department store to buy a complete set of clothes.

submitted by /u/Kevdogg329
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/xaSQUWq

No comments:

Post a Comment