Friday, August 4, 2023

Mental block around weight loss

I’ve been trying to lose weight all my life and I recently realized I’m, for some reason, a bit scared of weight loss.

Rationally, that makes 0 sense. I know I need to lose weight even if it’s just for health reason. I’d love to be thin. I have no reason to stay fat: I don’t like my body, others don’t like my body, I’m not into body positivity to the point where it’s a part of my identity, I’m not scared of change or of looking different or anything like that.

Then why do I feel so weird when I think about being thin? It’s hard to explain the feeling, but it feels “wrong” somehow. It feels uncomfortable and scary. If anyone had similar mental struggle, can you share your experience and tell me why it happened and how you fixed it? I think it may be the key to explain why I’m struggling to lose weight.

submitted by /u/soleil_1111
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/qd0zRSs

No comments:

Post a Comment