Thursday, August 3, 2023

RANT: Unsupportive family

I’ve (24f) been going through a very hard and busy time in my life, part of that is a massive breakup. I live on a homestead and so all of the chores went from being shared work to just me and they’re a lot of hard labor. In Texas summer heat nonetheless. This was the catalyst for my health journey and weight loss. My starting weight was 220lbs. Everything was soo freaking hard and I was miserable so I made an effort to focus on my diet and in hand with farm chores and maintenance I’m currently at 185lbs. It has happened suddenly without a doubt. Within about three months. Im 5’7”. My GW is 160lbs.( My family is acting as if I’m dying or have developed a mental issue regarding food and that just isn’t at all true in any way. I eat daily, I’ve all but cut added/processed sugars and foods, fried foods “junk” food, fast food etc etc. I realized I only have BO when I eat sugar. Im feeling way more confident and generally better and chores are rarely a struggle now.

They don’t listen when I explain how I’m doing what I’m doing. If I ask for no feedback vs ugly comments I’m ignored. “Um you’re very skinny” “you look sick” “wasting away” “are you going to stop trying to lose weight anytime soon?” “You looked better big”

I don’t want to cut my entire family out but dang it’s really depressing to hear all that now that I’m mindful and taking care of myself. I’m the healthiest I’ve been in years.

I applaud you if you got this far. I don’t even know if any of this made sense I just needed to rant and get it off my chest and out of my brain.

submitted by /u/DryTransportation507
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/f8Qdwh1

No comments:

Post a Comment