Sunday, September 17, 2023

Am I rushing my weightloss?

I'm a 22 year old male exactly 6 ft tall, and I started at 256 lbs. From what I've gathered my maintenence calories should be around 2600-3000 as I haven't been the most active.

I fully started my weight loss about 10 days ago, and I'm down to just over 249 lbs now. My goal is to get down to 215 by the end of January. I've been tracking my calories, and keeping my daily intake under 1500 kcal a day, with my "limit" raised to 1900 every 4 days as a small kind of "cheat day". I also haven't set a goal for protein, but have been getting around 120 grams a day.

The food I eat is all lower calorie stuff that should be more filling so I don't feel as hungry. Chicken, eggs, rice, vegetables, fruit etc. (before 10 days ago 90% of what I ate was fast food.)

I only go to the gym twice a week, with a mix of light weights and cardio, other than that I don't do much physically.

NOW FINALLY THE QUESTION: Is this relatively healthy for weight loss? Am I doing it too fast, and the right way, or am I way off base? I know I should go to the gym a bit more and I plan to soon, but other than that is there anything wrong or worrisome about how I'm going about this? This is about my 5th serious attempt at losing weight, my highest a couple years ago being 270 lbs. I always lose a bit then give up, but so far this time feels more sustainable than before.

submitted by /u/ManMan3616
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/QlEjz73

No comments:

Post a Comment