Wednesday, September 20, 2023

I don't know how to maintain and have problems with overeating

Never thought I'd post here but I'm in need of help and don't want to start some unhealthy habits. Forgive me for my mistakes, English isn't my first language.

Tldr: I finished my weight loss journey one month ago and overate two times since then, leading me to go back to dieting each time after it then trying maintenance again. It happened again last night and I don't know what to do.

For a bit more context, I'm in my twenties, 4'11 and my goal weight is 101/104 lbs, which I've reached mid August and was extremely proud of myself, I had achieved this by walking and eating 1400cal a day. I thought I should increase my calorie intake slowly to see how much I should eat and figured it wouldn't be hard. The next day I ate 900 calories over the 1500 I planned for myself because I was stressed about a failed (but delicious) cake and finished half of it. I said fine, I'd just go back to my 1400 calories for a bit and retry again when my weight settles. It worked for a while and I increased my calories, pretty happy with myself (although it was a bit hard, we had a lot of guests coming over and went out a couple of times, but I still managed to not overeat.)

Come 5 September and I find myself eating ~2300 calories over my maintenance (1900 cal) in the evening. At first it was just a bowl of rice and I wasn't that distressed about it, then I ate another, and another, and why not try those pastries in the fridge? And oh didn't we have chocolate candies too? You get it. Next day I felt awful and bloated and very confused as to why I overate like this. I figured it might have been because I accidentally underate the day before (wasn't really hungry, ate around 1100 cal) and didn't think more about it. This was followed by 5 days of a 1300/1400 calories diet and everything went back to normal and I continued eating at maintenance after it.

But it happened again yesterday. And I ate over my maintenance by 3400 calories. I'm angry and tired and don't understand what is happening. I overate like this once or twice during my diet but that was months ago and I thought I was done with this so why now? I'm thinking that this time it was because of my coming period but surely there's a way to deal with this without overeating then dieting again? This is the third time already and I don't want it to happen again but am utterly lost on what to do now. I weighed myself this morning and the scale shows 106,7 lbs, I know that most of it is water weight but what will happen if I don't diet to compensate for the calories I overate? I don't want to gain back after months of hard work, I really like how I look now and don't want it to change but also don't want to get in an overeating then dieting cycle. I want to have a normal, balanced lifestyle. I hope I can find advice here and sorry for the long post.

submitted by /u/Living-Inspection
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/rzsqOdT

No comments:

Post a Comment