Monday, September 25, 2023

Weight loss vs. Muscle gain question

Hello!

A few years ago I weighed over 100kg at 176cm (currently F27) and managed to lose a decent amount of it and have been staying within the 63-69 kg range for the past three or so years. This is deeply frustrating to me as I’d like to get Under 63kg (preferably the 60 range as it has always been my goal weight) Last year I got pretty close, reaching the 62 mark, but it was done by fairly intensive cardio and restrictive dieting that would be unsustainable in the long run. I believe it may have also stalled my period, which isn’t Great. Because at the beginning of Summer I had a few outside stressors I relaxed a bit on my dieting and ballooned back up to the 65 range. I decided I wasn’t good enough at nutrition to really do this on my own so in August I sought the help of a professional.

Essentially: I have switched to strength training and cardio instead of pure cardio and I still track calories in a way that I believe is at a deficit (but this is the real question here, bear with me) and with the help of professional measuring equipment, I Have managed to somewhat change my body comp. Ive been told I lost cms off my upper body (legs are unfortunately still pretty flabby) and over 2 months have put on 2kg of muscle and reduced my body fat percentage by a couple points. this Sounds great, but also over the past 2 months i havent lost any weight. in fact, im sitting at a terrifying 66,5kg as of this morning. ive been told all my gain has been in lean/muscle mass, but at the end of the day my goal is still to lose weight. what should i do? am i actually undercounting my calories and do i need to restrict more? I dont intend to stop weight training, but should i boost cardio? or is this some weird muscle growing pain thats normal in the initial phases and once the lean mass plateaus i will Actually start losing weight?

Essentially, do i trust the process or am I messing up somewhere. I miss being 62kg. it is where I felt the most comfortable with my body. Thanks in advance for any help.

submitted by /u/_bunear
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/noKMAwb

No comments:

Post a Comment