Monday, September 18, 2023

How do I learn to handle stress and cravings?

I just got a new job, and I spent most of the week binging due to anxiety and stress. I wasn’t hungry but I was eating - it wasn’t even things I was “craving.” I just wanted to eat junk food to reduce my stress. Stressful things are going to continue to happen, so I have to find another solution to handling my stress.

On top of that, the last two months I’ve had multiple days where I’ve struggled to get though waves of intense craving. I’m not hungry, I just want something to snack on (usually it’s at night, after dinner, and I usually want chips or something sweet).

Obviously this kind of thing can’t continue if I want to make my weight loss sustainable. How do I learn to handle these?

(note: I can’t just “not bring the chips/sweets I crave in the house” - they’re not mine. My family is overweight and I can’t dictate their diets. They also really don’t care if I eat their snacks. I am allowed to have healthy foods in the house, I can’t tell them not to have their unhealthy foods).

submitted by /u/Brookshone
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/UL4ZIGP

No comments:

Post a Comment