Sunday, September 24, 2023

Can't fall asleep on an empty stomach. What should I eat if I need a late night meal/snack to fall asleep?

For some reason, I can never fall asleep if I have not eaten a meal 2-3 hours before bed. This has been really frustrating for my weight loss journey because a) I know you're better off eating a few hours before bed and b) when the feeling of hunger strikes, I inevitably go over my calories for the day because it's an extra meal and the alternative is to not sleep. I tend to intermittent fast in the mornings and this messes up my schedule as well.

Knowing this, I try to plan for dinner within 2-3 hours of bed, but it becomes an issue when I work late or stay up for other reasons. In situations where I do have to get up and eat to fall asleep, what would be the best thing to eat? Usually a handful of nuts or a light snack does not do it, but I'm certainly willing to try if any of you have something in mind.

I have tried many times to ignore the hunger, etc. but I just end up staying up. Trying to find a healthy compromise. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

submitted by /u/GarudaRising
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/oFVDEut

No comments:

Post a Comment