Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Confused About New Diet Effects

I am 5' 3" 220lbs.

A month ago I drastically changed my diet and started working out. This comes one year after I was diagnosed with extreme B vitamin defeciency from MTHFR. I've been taking therapeutic levels of vitamin B for the past year and finally felt good enough to work out.

For the first time ever, I have not been hungry, weak, or injury prone. Infact, most days I don't even think about eating and exercise is incredibly easy and unpainful. This is a massive shift from my day to day life. Prior to this diet, I was constantly hungry no matter how much I ate, and working out was absolutely excruciating.

This sounds incredible, right? Well, now I'm having a problem I've never had before. I'm not eating enough according to everything I know and understand about weight loss and health. I do an hour each day of high intensity elliptical but on a good day I barely hit 1k calories consumed. Some days I have to force myself to drink a smoothie and it's all I want.

Over the first two weeks I lost 15lbs without even trying. Now over the past two weeks weight loss has slowed down to an insane point for the calories I'm burning - 2lbs over two weeks. I count calories incredibly carefully and I always end up very short. So, I know my body is freaking out. But then, why is it not telling me to eat and why do I feel incredible?

What I do eat is very healthy and I love it as a day to day "home" diet. Fish, rice, vegetables, yogurt, fruits, healthy granola. This food makes me feel amazing. For cheat meals I will have dinner with friends. One was a burger and fries (a few bites of burger and like 10 fries), another I had a slice of pizza. But these foods made me feel like shit (headache, burning joints the next day), so I'm not able to eat most of the meal and honestly don't want to.

I am so frustrated and annoyed. For the first time in my life I find a diet I feel good on and an excercise routine that feels great, but it still isn't "right". I really, really don't want to starve my body. Did all my previous attempts on a b vitamin deficit feel so terrible that actually starving feels better? My doctor has been completely unhelpful, just saying to eat healthy. Has anyone experienced something similar? Is it possible my body is just in shock with all the changes and I need to give it time? Idk, I'm so lost.

submitted by /u/LevelUp6996
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/7Js5ueN

No comments:

Post a Comment