Saturday, September 16, 2023

Thoughts on weight loss and gaining some weight back

Last September, I decided to do something about my weight (high of 245) and started CICO. I was very successful to the point that I was losing an average of 3 pounds a week, which led me to getting breath testing and a DEXA to determine my RMR. I need a lot more calories than average women my size due to my heavy muscle and bone mass, apparently.

Anyway, I lost about 30 pounds and was around 215 by end of December and felt great. I was sleeping better, clothes were fitting better, my resting heart rate dropped. Then a bunch of stressors hit and I started drinking wine every night and stopped with the CICO. My Dad died a couple of months back which just snowballed all of my bad habits. In all, I gained about 20 pounds back but my body seems to have a new set point because with all of the stress and drinking in August from grief, I didn't get over 235, which is ten pounds below my previous set point. I've held pretty steady at 235 for the last few months.

Now I'm back to not drinking regularly and I feel like I'm starting to peel some of that weight back off. But I'm reluctant to do CICO because it's addictive but when I stop I seem to just fall off the wagon. It's almost an orthorexia thing and not doing CICO just feels so much better, from a mental health standpoint. How the hell do you maintain that mental space in a healthy way and not go crazy? I've heard so many people talk about it's not weight loss that is hard, it's maintaining. How do you long term maintenance folks stay on track without developing an eating disorder? I guess that's my big question lately. Because I thought weight loss was honestly easy. And I say that as a 46 year old female approaching menopause. LOL

submitted by /u/yomamasochill
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/RFLszgf

No comments:

Post a Comment