Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Is a 1500 Caloric Deficit Optimal For My Needs?

EDIT: I mistyped with the title, the actual 'deficit' is closer to 500-700 calories, but I'm eating 1500 a day lol

Hello! I'm a 15 year old male, 5'9, 210lbs(I've been going to the gym for a year now, so I'd argue some of this weight's from muscle. Dunno if this helps at all but my 1rm on bench is 140). I'm not sure what my activity level is, since I'm mostly sitting at my desk, with the occasional 15 minutes of cardio every other day, along with a few nights where I'm walking a fair amount. I'm not too proud of my current activity level, but I'm trying to do better.

I'm looking to lose around 20 pounds, I'm not tryna become absolutely shredded, I just wanna get to a healthier weight. I have a pretty good metabolism, I've had weeks where I can eat heaps of junk food and seemingly remain at a consistent weight (aside from the like, 7lbs I gain that lasts a day, due to waste weight lmao).

I'm going for 1500 calories a day, I just started last monday, and overall, it's been pretty smooth sailing so far. Just drinking tons of water and trying to maintain a fair diet. My current selection is chicken, rice, cottage cheese, protein shakes, eggs, pb sandwiches, and a few other items. Keep in mind that I don't eat all of that in a single day lol.

I've been running mouth for a quite a while, just trying my best to give the data that's needed. But I guess the biggest question for yall is if this is an optimal/healthy weight loss plan? I'm essentially looking for a second opinion. I'm just not an expert in the dieting area(granted I have done a fair amount of research).

Any help is greatly appreciated, and I apologize for the wall of text lol

submitted by /u/BeginningPrior1547
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/yelhzT4

No comments:

Post a Comment