Sunday, September 24, 2023

Replacing Nicotine.

So look, I’m going to be 100% real; 2 months ago, I started using nicotine lozenges for weight loss.

Yes, I know this was stupid, risky, et cetera. Well, let me tell you: it’s the most successful tool for managing appetite I’ve ever tried.

Whatever part of my brain that over-eats was placated by nicotine. Before I lost my head & ate 20 pieces of chocolate, I could pop 3 lozenges and forget about it. I lost 20 pounds this way. Was hoping to continue, get to 50. It worked better than water, gum, caffeine, et cetera.

The only problem is that it caused painful acne, specifically on my chin. I’m guessing it dried me out, causing an excess of oil to develop: or maybe affected my hormones.

But since quitting, I’ve reverted to my original terrible stress-eating habits. I can’t handle myself without it.

I’m going to go back on nicotine. I’m going to try and regulate its use more, to avoid acne… but at this point I’m willing to accept acne if it means continued weight loss.

That said, I’d love to find an alternative. Weed? Self esteem? Therapy? Sex? Alcohol?

Or maybe I’ll just find a way to circumvent the acne, lol.

submitted by /u/mymomlovescep
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/tFd0G24

No comments:

Post a Comment