Friday, September 22, 2023

How do you guys stay on your diet when away from home? Frustrated beyond belief with myself.

For context, I, 27F, have been on countless weight loss journeys since I was probably 13. At that young age, I really wasn't overweight but amongst all my skinny friends, I felt like I was. Fast forward to now, on this current weight loss journey, I do extremely well when I'm in my own space however when I come home for the weekend, I get off track. I don't usually get off track enough to cause but maybe a pound of "weight gain" by the time I come back to my apartment Sunday night, but I've been home for over a week now. This week started good, but as of the last 3 or 4 days I've gone almost completely back to old habits. My family does not have the same goals as I do so there's serious temptation and i'm feeling it on both a wellness and financial front.

Some helpful info (maybe):

  1. I have been coming back and forth home every weekend for over 6 months. My hometown is about a 2 hour drive from my current city. My mother has terminal breast cancer and was transitioned to in home hospice care 3 months ago. Last week, my father called the paramedics because she had a really bad seizure. I came home immediately and have been here every since because at any moment, she could pass. It's really hard at home right now. Tension is high and emotions are scrambled. I feel like an emotional wrech 99% of the time.
  2. For the last 2ish months, I have been following a low carb, high protein 1200 calorie diet plan from a local weight loss clinic. I go every week to get my weight checked and i've consistenly lost between 1-2 pounds a week. Some weeks more than others. I've also been doing GrowithJo 4-5 days a week (try to get at least 45 min of cardio) as well as light walking on the weekends. I also started taking vitamins I was low on and drinking at least 64 oz of water daily (working to improve that number). With all of this, I lost almost 20 pounds as of my last weigh-in on Sep 12. I'm pretty sure I've gained some weight in the last week being home, but since I have no scale here, not sure how much.
  3. I've re-started therapy to help manage my emotions, but I'm only doing one appointment a month until she has more availability. I like her so far, but it's kinda too soon to tell.
  4. My immediately family consists of my parents and little sister (19F, slightly overweight but nothing crazy like me). My family eats out like crazy, at least once a day. I try to cook one meal at least every other day, but lately I've just kind of went with the flow but not only is it killing my wallet, I know it's doing me a disservice. I went to the grocery store yesterday and got stuff for salad fixings so hoping that will help me.
  5. Stats: SW-322.5, Last weigh in=304.5, GW~=150 lbs. Height = 5'5, and Female.

Sorry for the long post. I guess my question is how do I get back on track quickly? I'm struggling and I feel like I'm just floundering right now. Being home puts me in such a foul mood between butting heads with my highly sensitive patronizing father, dying mother, and numb little sister. All of my goals just seem to die when I come into this house and I'm afraid once I go back to my life, I'm going to be starting from ground zero or worse.

submitted by /u/original_oreo27
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/e3nARN6

No comments:

Post a Comment