Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Disheartening comments on my appearance

I didn’t really know where else to post this but wanted to get it out somewhere.

I’ve lost 8kg+ in the last three months. Might not seem a lot but it’s major for me, and I’m on track losing 1lb a week at the moment.

I’ve had comments from my family and partner saying they can notice my weight loss which is nice, but my step mom just made a pretty disheartening comment.

Now, I’m still far from my goal and I’m currently around 87kg and 5ft 8’’ tall. I went to visit her and she made a comment regarding my new WhatsApp profile picture — ‘you look so slim here, did you use an app or what?’

I hadn’t used any sort of slimming filter and it was just a mirror selfie. I know this doesn’t seem a big deal but it really stung. She’s made comments about my weight in the past before I started losing.

How do you deal with shitty comments like this?

submitted by /u/lollysugar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/vQY1B2x

No comments:

Post a Comment