Friday, September 15, 2023

Gaining and loosing...

I'm back. Anyone miss me? I missed me.

I lost a bunch of weight in the years before 2020. I also found myself in a bad work situation that I needed to get out of. By the start of 2020 I was set - I was at an amazing 150 lbs, regularly running 10 miles on weekends, I had finally landed my dream job - Life was great.

We all know what happened then....in Jan/Feb/ Mar of 2020

The dream job became its own adventure when it evaporated, recombobulated itself and morphed into something completely different by September of 2020. Still fun and lots to do, but completely different.

I maintained the weight loss for as long as I didn't drink during the regular COVID Happy hour with friends. By the time the Happy hour lost its popularity, I had started having a couple of glasses of wine with Happy hour - and I had gained 30 lb. back.

At the time, I looked at it as an adjustment: I figured that my body was going to just find that new happy spot - you know, that spot where your body is neither gaining nor losing weight because your input matches your output. Prior to COVID, that balance had settled at around 150 lb. Where would my new habits of working from home all the time, snacking all day and not exercising balance out? I guessed about 180lb, but I was wrong. I finally settled at 210lb. Oops...

It's been 1 year since then. I'm still not regularly leaving the house, but I am off alcohol (no good things come from alcohol) and I m not constantly snacking any more. I have not started working out again, but I'm a happy 175 lbs. That was about the time I started running in earnest last time.

I just got to do it again - and this time, maybe it will stick. 150 lbs. is a little low for me, though - not on paper, just in reality.

submitted by /u/urmelii65
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/zViDIwL

No comments:

Post a Comment