Saturday, September 23, 2023

Tips for diet breaks?

Hi all! I’ve just about hit the 20lbs weight loss mark, super proud and excited! I’ve made some really great lifestyle changes in the past 6 months that I’m happy to keep indefinitely (ex. Weight lifting, walking 10k steps a day, reducing snacking/stress eating).

I’ve been fortunate enough to work with a nutritionist and she’s recommended going on a diet break for 2 weeks, as I’m going on vacation and moving to a new city afterwards. I haven’t had any natural diet breaks. Then I can proceed with my final 10-15lbs of weight loss to get to my goal. This 2 week period coincides with my 6 months mark of consistent dieting.

I’m onboard with taking this break and have read/believe the research around it. My fear is that I don’t know what to eat with my extra 200-300 calories a day? I’m afraid when I add these back in I’ll get back into bad habits. How did folks on here go about eating on diet breaks and then transitioning back to a deficit? Any tips?

I’m 26yrs old, eating 1600 in deficit, 1800-1900 during my diet break, 2000 was my original maintenance pre-diet. I’m 155 now, started at 173 6 months ago.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Inside_Beat_1518
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/tjJM0B5

No comments:

Post a Comment