Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Lost 14 lbs since June and weight loss recently sped up but feel awful

Sry long post. I’m a 5’2 27 yo female. I was 150 in June. Got depressed stopped exercising and gained weight over two years which was the most I’ve ever gained as I’m usually like 120 or 125. Now I’m 136 lbs. I switched out hiit/cardio with strength training and the last few weeks I’ve lost a pound each week. Intense cardio gave me hives, I have inflammation issues and hypothyroidism so I do better without and lose more weight with strength.

I feel I’m overly restrictive but also not as I go out 1-2x a week and drink margs and eat whatever like mozzarella sticks and burgers and still lose weight. I don’t count calories ever and I always lose weight especially when I switched to strength training from hiit. Yet, I still feel I’m undereating. Im starving all the time and getting hungrier now. I can’t sleep some nights I’m too hungry. I feel so anxious and depressed some days.

Here is what I eat many days during the week. Two scrambled eggs with toast for breakfast. I either have a kale chicken ceasar salad or wrap or avocado toast for lunch or skip. For dinner I either have salmon with rice and veggies or sushi or if I skip lunch I’ll order a personal margherita pizza at least once a week with ranch dressing on the side and eat it all, or I get skirt steak skewers with yucca fries. The nights I go out I do eat pretty little during the day so even if I have a burger or grilled cheese with multiple margaritas I always lose weight each week. But the next day after I go out sometimes I just have one piece of toast and one egg and steak skewers with yucca fries or sushi for dinner.

For exercise I workout 4-5x a week. I do 30 min of strength training 3-4x a week and Pilates and abs the other times. I also do yoga sometimes.

I am starving all the time and sometimes I’m so tired I can’t even work because I feel so hungry. I have had history with eating disorder problems, so does it sound like I am under eating and maybe I don’t even realize? I’m also someone I think who needs more calories despite being really short as the thinnest I had ever been was when I ate the most actually and had three full meals with snacks and went out a couple times a week. I was seeing a nutritionist.

Sometimes I wonder if I should add more calories or just more food in general to my diet to feel better because my mental health feels terrible so many days and I’m so tired and waking up starving in the middle of the night, but since I’m consistently losing weight, and now been losing a pound each week, I don’t want to stop that. But my therapist, who is also a nutritionist thinks I might actually lose more weight if I eat a bit more but I am terrified.

Anyone gone through what I’m going through where are you feel like you’re actually being pretty lenient with your diet and going out and eating whatever some nights and still losing yet you might actually be way more restrictive than you think? Lol does this make sense? So maybe I’m not being lenient and I don’t realize because I have history with disordered eating? I’m so scared right now to change anything but my body is not happy and I don’t want to hurt my mental health this much as I have severe ptsd I’m treating and sometimes don’t have the energy to treat because I am so tired and hungry all the time. Just want insight as I’m in my head and been feeling even worse recently, so I’m wondering if my body is getting really worn out at this point. Thanks for your help.

Also, think I should add that I have gotten a ton of bloodwork done multiple times recently and everything is within range. I am very strict with monitoring my thyroid levels, and I don’t go by doctors typical wide ranges. I like to keep them very narrow.

submitted by /u/rocknroll500
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3OG8EH2

No comments:

Post a Comment