Saturday, September 30, 2023

NSV the why

49 pounds down and super happy,. But often I put a bit more emphasis on the numbers and forget what my why was.

Been larger my whole life and for the most part it didn't hold me back until covid. The extra few kg's added more strain, clothes a bit tighter and I started feeling crap.

Small changes have got me in a much better space. The biggest being moving more and exercise/community sport. The nutrition is key for the weight loss but the real victory is things like what happened yesterday.

At a grand final picnic (think Superbowl o/s people) we decided to play some football with the kids, including an incredibly active 7 year old boy. I think we played for a good 30 minutes, running, kicking, bit of play fighting. I was puffing, sweating, but didn't stop once. The rest of the adults had tapped out and when I saw Mr 7 red faced laying on the floor puffing... I felt bloody amazing.

Part of why I needed to lose it was to live a lifestyle I was proud of. And a part of that is moments like yesterday. To just enjoy being active and have fun without struggling.

Me a year ago wouldn't have even tried... too self conscious and embarrassed to move and injure myself or look silly.

I've gained a little more life back and that means more than any scale number!

submitted by /u/Natamalie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/TAzsU0t

No comments:

Post a Comment