Thursday, January 23, 2020

Is it possible to activate both slow and fast twitch muscle fibers in 2 parts of your body?

I've been going to the gym and changing my diet up for a little over a month now, and I had a question I was really curious about. Leg me explain: - I'm a 270 lb, 6' 18 yo male, and my goal is to go down to at least 250, then 220, then 200 by at least june 2021. - I really enjoy cardio. I can hike, run, bike, and swim for hours and I wouldn't get tired of it. The only thing that's stopping me is chafing in my thighs and joint discomfort. - I don't really like doing weight training, but I still go and do it because I know that I need to hold as much muscle as I can. I've shifted my gaze more towards only doing upper body when I'm in the gym. - I've been going back and forth between jogging and the gym every day for the past 2 weeks, with a day or 2 per week to rest.

Now that I've got some of my explanation down, I want to know if it's possible to activate both the twitch fibers since my lower body is only doing slow twitch, but my upper body is only doing fast twitch. Is it possible to activate them both during my weight loss journey?

submitted by /u/XcrookX
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37nocE3

No comments:

Post a Comment