Saturday, January 4, 2020

My story how i lost 35kg and started doing professional modeling in my 30s.. never is too late to change

Hi all, I just came to share with you my story about getting fit. English is not my first language so apologies in advance

All my life I was fat kid, I had overprotective parents and I was spoiled kid, did now wanted to eat bunch of foods, I was soo picky and my mom scared probably of me not eating, did not wanted to starve me when I did not want to eat vegetables or meat two foods I hated most, so she made stuff I like pies, pasta, sandwiches, pancakes, french fries and food like that, I remember that time I was eating french fries 4.5 times a week. My unhealthy diet led me to be overweight, luckily I was an active and tall kid so I never was unhealthy overweight but I had 20 kg over normal weight always. Kids in school bullied me calling me names like Pig, Hog and similar. Luckily because of my high and bulk, I was just bullied psychological, not physical.

Because of that I always had super low self-esteem, never had a real girlfriend till my 20 s when I grow taller even more so I looked less fat even when I still had 20 kg more. I never admitted this to anyone but I lost my virginity at my 24 years old. Strangely to some super hot girl who saw in me what I didn't have seen. After that, I was still overweight, had few more girlfriends that did not last. One time I was going to foam party whit girl I had a crush on, I meet her in the gym and she was super fit and really beautiful, ofc I was put in the friend zone, that was normal for low self-confidence me but I was hoping for more. I introduced her whit some of my friends I was playing basketball whit and we went to a party. Ofc you can assume how the night was gone, The girl hooks up whit one of my handsome friends I was left wet and miserable. A few days after the party I saw some of the pictures of the party on the party Facebook page and saw me. Tall, bold shaven, whit super red cheeks because of no condition in a wet t-shirt that was stuck on my fat body, I looked like an obese miss wet t-shirt. I did not blame that girl for hooking up whit my tall fit good looking friend, who would want to be whit that person from pictures. I was in disgust with me.

The next day I started my first ever diet, I was active, playing basketball going gym even before but that is meaningless if you eat shit food, I cut almost all unhealthy carbs and sweets and started eating chicken meat, eggs, vegetables, and oatmeals. It was extremely hard the first month even when I eat good portions I felt extremely hungry but it was paying off I lost in the first month 7 kg from my starting weight of 115 kg. I still remember my first cheat meal after the first month. To me, a taste of that, don’t know how correctly translate a name of traditional food from my home town but i will try, Pita bread filled whit mix of homemade sour cream, eggs, and gravy that is made from pig fat, just goggle( Komplet lepinja) and you will see pictures online. That first taste after a one-month serious diet had been better than sex.

I did not give up on my healthy eating habits I lost in the next few months 7 kg more and let my hair and beard to grow. Now I had around 100 kg but because I was tall had nice hairstyle and beard girls started looking at me differently. I had a lot more confidence to start getting tattoos I always wanted but don’t have the courage to get them before. After that social life become better, I was looking decent so I lost my motivation to lose more weight. Probably I hit my plateau. At that time I was working security for banks and shoops, just made Instagram account and had pictures of me looking good. I was still overweight but my hight hide that. One girl, I meet try Instagram was working as a model for some good modeling agency from my country. She was trying to convince me that I am good looking enough to work as a male model, and if I lose more weight my face would be more cut and i would have model features. I decided to listen to her and I send Dm to that agency asking about can I work as a male model if I get fit. Imagine my surprise when I got answered, Judging of my Instagram pictures owner of that agency did not believe when I told him I still had 20 kg over requered weight for a male model but he promises me if I cut my weight to fit measurements required for the male models he will give me a chance.

That gave me new motivation to try again and my second weight loss journey. This time I know better what I need to do, ofc I made mistakes in my hurry to cut weight, I run too often because at that time I was thinking that cardio helps lose weight faster than the gym. It was a mistake, I just lost muscles also not just fat. In a period of 6 months, I lost 20 kg from my original weight of 100 kg. I was hoping to lost weight faster but I did not have an idea of how hard is to lose weight when you are already skinny. If I remember correctly in the first 2 months I lost 10 kg and for the last 10 kg I needed double of that time, the last few kgs were hardest for me. Diet was hardest to control because I had to be in a caloric deficit all the time while eating healthy foods. But after 6 months I made it and had the first professional modeling shoot. Pictures came out better then i was hoped I could not believe that that handsome mf from pictures was me,

That was 3 years ago, now I have 33 years still doing modeling, I am not successful as i hoped to be, in this line of work competition is so big. It had ups and downs, also i had relapses when I gain 10 kg of my weight back. When I hurt my back in the gym or was on holiday and eat too much of ice cream haha. Now I am again on a good track of getting an even better body, the goal is older I am to look better. Soon going to China first time in some good agency where i have a chance to make good enough money to continue to live from modeling so wish me luck. Sorry about long af text but when I started to write i could not stop.

submitted by /u/johnnyzli
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Qn7uhQ

No comments:

Post a Comment