Friday, January 24, 2020

Weight loss =/= gym membership

Just as being healthy =/= being fit. I don't know when it was, but I always associated weight loss with the gym... Maybe all the commercials blasted on TV when I was little, or maybe word of mouth but whenever the thought of losing weight came to mind, it was always followed by the gym.

Maybe this is why I was overweight and near obese most of my life, I hated the idea of going to a public place and being watched as I minded my own business. I always made the excuse of it's too far, expensive blah blah blah.

Last year after a huge accomplishment (yay education) I realized I was capable of starting something, push through it and finish it... Felt great. I started browsing reddit, looking at YouTube videos "how to get healthy" "how to lose weight" I started to read and watch from fellow overweight / obese people that lost 100, 200 and some pounds and managed to completely change their life.

They all had the same advice over and over again.

The battle starts at the kitchen, period.

There will be no gyms, no excersises, no workouts, none.

Your mission is to realize what you are eating, and understand what you are eating and learn everything you can of what you are eating... But careful because this also includes the most deadly enemies of them all: Liquid calories.

You will lose weight after you start learning of the foods you eat, the stuff you shouldn't be eating / drinking and creating some sort of calorie deficit in your body.

After you lose some weight and gain the confidence that you need, then you may add additional support such as working out, excersise, fasting, etc

I personally still don't go to the gym, I know that I am in a calorie deficit so I am not expecting to build the largest muscles in the block. I wanted to get into calisthenics so I went with the bodyweight option... I know I am gaining strength because I can feel it with each workout that I do and different progression variations, just do whatever takes you to your goals.

Good luck with your lifestyle changes.

submitted by /u/maximilious
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37tVzoU

No comments:

Post a Comment