Friday, July 3, 2020

Apple Watch + Lose It! App = Winning Combination

I'm currently in weightless mode getting back to maintenance (again). Just about 3 pounds away. I use CICO (Calories In, Calories Out) method and the Apple Watch to measure the CO part of the equation.

For me, I know it will be a lifetime of counting and activity. Being able to track both food and activity is key to success. Finding the right app combination that works has been a challenge. Some food tracking apps just report info, others were too generous with earning back calories with Activity from the watch (MFP, for example), and a few just didn't connect at all.

Lose It! truly is the best integration. It takes activity from the Apple Watch and doesn't add more calories to your food bank UNTIL you meet the daily move/burn amount needed to keep you in a calorie deficit. That's how CICO works...burn more than you eat...so it makes sense to not give you extra calories until you have met your minimum activity for loss.

I was able to figure out what my daily Move Ring goal is to let me know at what point I switch from meeting my base move for deficit and proceeding into earning extra calories. This is helpful on days I know I'm going to need more calories for a food event.

No, I don't work for Lose It! or get a commission....I'm an 80 pound weight loss story that found the right tools for loss and then using them for continued maintenance.

Why? Because it works.

submitted by /u/PKGuy323
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YYI3HT

No comments:

Post a Comment