Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Anyone else have issues doing Cardio without music?

In the last month or two-ish, I've restarted my fitness journey, and have so far lost 20lbs! :)

I grew up a really chubby kid, and lost 140+ lbs in high school in the span of a year and a half through healthy lifestyle changes, understanding decifits, and cardio. I managed to maintain that weight loss for about 8/9 years. I used to go to the gym at least 4 times a week before this pandemic hit, and gained a lot of weight from sitting all day at home, and boredom eating.

I finally ended up getting a mini elliptical at home, and so far it's been working great.

However, while I do love working out, I'm finding myself getting bored specifically because I keep listening to/watching the same cheesy songs. Really, really cheesy. Songs I wouldn't regularly listen to unless I'm working out, and no one can hear what I'm listening to. I'm talking Karate Kid, Dirty Dancing, Flashdance, and etc soundtracks.

They motivate me to go hard. It's fun, but it's annoying that I have to use the music every time in order to push myself.

If I listen to a podcast, watch TV or a movie, I always end up slowing my strides without thinking. I'm only able to do this when I'm strength training, which I'm not restarting yet because it's a slower process with reps, sets, and rest breaks.

I also have ADHD (the inattentive type, not the hyper type) if that makes any difference.

Does anyone else have similar issues to me? I mean, I'd like to go hard on the elliptical, and listen to something about like, idk, WWII, rather than have to use Katy Perry's "Roar" to feel in the zone.

Any advice?

submitted by /u/isnatchkids
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bbVtoX

No comments:

Post a Comment