Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Hit onederland!!

TLDR; onederland and need tips on what I can do to continue my progress!

It took some patience and consistency, but I’ve finally hit onederland!

Dw: 211, CW:198.8 GW: 140

I’ve been trying to stay in my calorie deficit (struggled with the holidays in dec/jan but been back on track and lost the pounds I had gained), still going to the gym, and trying to stay positive.

Still struggling with people around me, with my family’s comments about weight. They’re all skinny and I’ve always been the “fat sister”, and my mom is also tryna lose weight and is like 170 to now like 159, and hearing my sisters tell her that’s not close to what she needs to be healthy, and how I’m not even close to that and what would they think if they knew my weight, literally gives me a small anxiety attack! (They think my weight is like around my moms cus she’s slightly taller but we have similar builds and how my body is proportioned and things I hold a lot of my weight in my thighs and upper arm/shoulder area but my mom is 5’4’’ and we fit into the same sizes of clothes and things. Only person who knows my weight is my middle sister and she’s super supportive and doesn’t shame me like other meme bees and has helped me stay consistent and has been encouraging so I really appreciate being able to share my progress with someone while others in my family still see me as fat as I’m doing my best).

I’ve started incorporating more strength training and am trying to learn how to lift and use the smith machine more at the gym. In the past month I was struggling to get from 201 to 198 and was really feeling frustrated, but then I realized during that time while the scale hadn’t moved, my measurements were still changing! I lost measurements on my hips, legs, etc and have noticed I fit into old knee high boots that I could zip up before or old pants that were too tight now fit.

Does anyone have suggestions on what I can do moving forward. My gym routine is still split between cardio for like 15-30 mins paired with strength training for about the same time or more. Should I continue doing both? How can I start to increase my regimen to start losing some weight faster? Should I start focusing more on cardio, only so strength training, etc? Does anyone have tips for exercises to do on the smith machine or other PF weight machines?

My cholesterol is something I am also trying to decrease with weight loss, so I got some omega 3 that I also am gonna try to implement in my diet as I don’t do other vitamins other than a regular multivitamin.

I am proud of my progress so far, but I also want to reach my goal quicker since I feel like I’ve slowed down a little in terms of knocking numbers off the scale (started in October 2020 btw) and wanna make up for some holiday fallback. And it wouldn’t hurt to start feeling mentally better so I don’t feel as anxious when people talk about their weight around me and the shaming that happens when a girl is over 120 ugh.

Thanks for y’all’s support per usual!

submitted by /u/xo23xo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZqrJPB

No comments:

Post a Comment