Friday, February 19, 2021

I've ditched almost all my other hobbies and taken up weight loss

Posting this to see if something here might help someone else.

I didn't do this consciously, it just occured to me the other day that it had happened. I have doubled down on my weight loss efforts this year and I am starting to see results. One reason I think it is going well this time is that I am not trying to do it alongside other things. My previous attempts have always had to compete with hobbies and "life". On reflection, that makes no sense, if I am going for weight loss, I need to go for it fully.

I am (was) renovating a house. That is on pause while we wait for finance to come through, so I am not spending my evenings and weekends covered in dust.

I enjoy woodturning and forging, both of those have stopped because it's too cold in the workshop, again no dust and more free time.

I trained jiu jitsu in the distant past, obviously that is on pause due to covid. It was great exercise but it left me sore for days and unable to do any other training. On balance, it may not have been entirely positive for weight loss.

If you are struggling with your journey, maybe have a look at what is competing for your time and energy and pause those things if you can? There is no harm in saying "I can't do everything at once and right now my health is the most important"...double down, get it done and go back to the other stuff after.

Hope this helps someone.

submitted by /u/New_User_Account123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2M4QDkN

No comments:

Post a Comment