Friday, February 12, 2021

Keep going even when people keep guilt tripping you

Just this dinner time, I noted to my family that I couldn't eat anymore, as a result of having eaten a lot today (I know especially because I've been tracking for the past 6 months) and besides, I was full.

So I wanted to leave it at that, excused and respected by my family. But honestly, as much as I wanted to eat my mom's cooking, I'm pretty disciplined and simply requested for them to leave some for me to eat the next day.

Then one of my family members starts to tease me, "Come on, have a piece." I politely refused. But then they just kept pressing on me. "Not even one? (scoffs) even just this little piece??", teasing me with a piece of pork and hovering it over the table. I stood firm on my judgement (while starting to get annoyed).

A few more of their tempting and my refusing, finally, "(scoffs) okay then." this thick-faced family member of mine with a blessed metabolism ends.

Yes, I was strung along by their guilt tripping for a bit, but my values and dedication to my weight loss journey were solid enough to spring me back up and console me mentally. It's not like I was starving myself.

People like my family member who aren't going through the same thing as you won't fully understand your journey except your own self. Just because they're satisfied with (or have a lack of initiative to alter) their own eating habits doesn't mean they have the right to dictate to you or downplay your efforts to better health.

It's difficult both ways, whether your mocker is "healthy" and naturally blessed with a cooperative metabolism or is persisting with unhealthy eating habits, never ever let their guilt tripping faze you. The more your goals and discipline are solid, the lesser other's comments would affect you. So if needed, constantly reaffirm youself! Be clear with your goals! And let that be the truth you can rely on.

submitted by /u/nijuucharenjaa
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MSeip6

No comments:

Post a Comment