Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Losing weight while starting a medication that will make you gain weight

Hello! I’m currently a month into my weight loss journey, and it’s going pretty steady! I’m F18 at 5’3” 174lb, trying to get down to 125 in the next year or so. Eating 1350 calories a day at a 500 calorie deficit from my maintenance calories, while only eating smaller portions of foods I generally eat, so I don’t feel too constrained. Life’s pretty good, I guess.

However, my mental health has been flagging, and pretty severely. I want to talk to my psychiatrist about restarting a medication that helped immensely but also made me gain weight (Lexapro). Is it possible to keep losing weight while starting a medication that makes you gain?

Thanks so much!

submitted by /u/snizmo2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2M4ZKlw

No comments:

Post a Comment