Friday, February 12, 2021

Short girl trying to lose weight

So my weight loss journey started during lockdown, I was determined to use the time I had on my hands to do something productive with myself. In the last couple of years I gained a lot of weight because I switched from a VERY active lifestyle and job to a work-from-home (even before the pandemic).

Starting weight: 63.5kg (139lbs)
Height: 157cm (5ft15)
Current weight: 55kg (121lbs)

I started working out 5 days a week (mostly cardio, mixed cardio, HIIT) and entirely changed my diet. I always ate a lot of veggies even before but my main issue were carbs (rice, pasta, bread, you name it). During 2020, I lost the first 8,5kg (18lbs) - I'm going for "a little by little and steadily" rather than drop massive weight quickly and gaining it back.

Now, I've hit a plateau. Everyone I know dismisses the topic saying that 55kg is an acceptable weight, as if there was a mental threshold and it is good number for everyone and they seem to forget how short I am. The weight I lost was mainly from my arms and legs and now I look pregnant. My waist measures 80cm (31 inches), while my chest and hips measure 92cm (36 inches) - draw your conclusions. Whenever I look at myself on the mirror I feel like a cylinder.

I'm starting to introduce weight lifting and strength training but other than that I don't know how to shed that belly fat :( Any tips?

submitted by /u/neshama_00
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LJi1o8

No comments:

Post a Comment