Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Should I lower my calories?

20f 5’5 sw: 225 cw: 194 gw: 130

hello! so i have lost 30lbs since August by eating 1420 calories a day. my tdee for losing 1lb/week was more in the 1600s at the time but my mfp was already set to 1420 from previous weight loss attempts and I figured it couldn’t hurt to lose at a faster weight.

it ended up being barely more than a lb/week but that’s alright. recently I feel like it’s started to slow down a bit (can’t be positive though bc my brain plays tricks on me bc disordered eating past, even though I look at all my data from the past 6 months) I realized this could be because now, to lose a lb/week I need to eat around 1480s. I was going to wait until it got to the 1420s to change it but now I think maybe I should just change it to 1200 now? It’s not like I am losing very quickly anyway.

My concerns are: 1) Since I am only a third of the way to my goal weight, could moving to 1200 now make it harder to lose in the future? I feel like it will liken the chances of plateaus. 2) Should I just enjoy my extra 100-200 calories while I can before inevitably moving down? My thought process is that since I am at school right now and it’s easier to make healthy choices/count calories without my family around, i should capitalize on this opportunity while I have it. (Then I can eat at maintenance with my family, if need be?)

submitted by /u/bethyxxx
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3qywEtQ

No comments:

Post a Comment