Saturday, February 13, 2021

What do you turn to when food is no longer a comfort?

Hi all,

I have been dealing with a strange side effect of weight loss. I have been doing CICO for a while now and with that comes healthier food choices and less sugary and salty foods (At least for myself, I'm not watching sugar or salt that's just how my food choices go now). Anyways, I got to my starting weight ( about 218lbs) because food made me feel better when I was upset. Now, I've lost that drive. My issue is when I am upset, I turn to food but now I no longer feel better from it. My "feel better foods" are usually high calorie, sugary, salty foods that make me feel absolutely sick to my stomach after. I do feel happy that I've broken the emotional eating chain of getting that "food high" and feeling better from food, but now I have no way of dealing with my emotions so I still turn to food but feel even more upset afterward. The salty/sugary/fatty foods don't even taste how I remember them. Has this ever happened to anyone else? What are some things I can turn to when I feel upset/ "starved" for feeling better?

Thanks,

-Yellow_Lion_

submitted by /u/Yellow_Lion_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ahetmF

No comments:

Post a Comment