Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Beachbody really screwed with my head

In 2018 I joined beachbody, I followed the plan for 21 days and did the workouts religiously. And it worked! Until I got hurt doing a workout and wasn't able to walk, and that meant I couldn't workout properly.

For the last few years my husband and I have used beachbody mainly t25 and a round of insanity. Again, I was very closely tracking and weighing my food. Each time I saw results in weight loss but I was always hungry and dizzy. Their calorie calculation was that I needed to eat below 1200 calories a day which I stuck to and some days I was so exhausted after working out that I just broke down and cried while I made my 4 little meatballs.

It's now 2022 and I'll be turning 30 soon. I swore I'd never do another beachbody program again because for me it's not sustainable, and I know it's possible to eat intuitively and not ban things from my list of foods.

I'm on day 3 of counting calories, as a way to get a better understanding of portion sizes and also doing dumbbell workouts, cardio and stretching. But I do not want to continue with the counting.

I'm 134 pounds, petite, 5 feet tall and just by looking at me people wouldn't say I have fat but I do. Its not about making the scale say a lesser number, I'd much rather lift weights and be strong and be able to eat without guilt and without going hungry.

Right now I'm eating 1300 calories, about. Mostly veggies and lean meats but not much else. (And note we eat relatively healthy as it is since my husband works at a health foods store) This turned into more of a rant and plea for help.

Beachbody just really screwed with me because now my base knowledge and only experience is 1200 to 1300 calories and that just doesn't seem like it's enough.

I also have ulcerative colitis so the usual nuts, beans, leafy greens, and whole grain bread will cause me to flare up leading to pain and bloating.

I guess I'm asking how do I rewire my brain? Where or who do I turn to for literature about safe sustainable eating and weight training?

I also work full time and will be starting school again in a few weeks.

submitted by /u/LinnyBent
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3sYGkSh

No comments:

Post a Comment