Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Giving it my all in 2022

I'm 38M, 5'11". As of three weeks ago, I was 131.6 kg (290.1 lb). I haven't weighed myself since then, and if I'm honest, I'm afraid to. I know that due to a combination of being quarantined due to potential COVID exposure, plus the holiday season, I weigh more than that today.

But I need to change things now.

The truth is that I'm not happy. There are many things that I need to change in my life, including my weight. And while I'm not one of those people who thinks that they'll suddenly be happy if they get down to a certain weight, I do think that my weight is quite realistically an obstacle to some of the things I need to do to make my life better. My greatest fear is that things in my life won't get better, so I need to take charge staring right now.

I have three main daily goals:

  • Calorie and nutrition goals - The most important, to be broken only on days when there are professional or social reasons I can't stick to my goals that day. This will be tough, as I know that I have addiction issues when it comes to food and using it to distract myself from emotional pain, so this will take a lot of daily effort.
  • Maximize movement - Second most important. Not as important to overall weight loss. I'm not going to sabotage myself by setting a big daily exercise goal and becoming discouraged when I can't meet it, so simply saying to maximize it as much as is practical is a fair goal, I think. For reference, I did 19,196 steps yesterday.
  • Minimize diet soft drink consumption - Like with food, this is an addiction. I'm not going to say that I'm going to give it up altogether, because I think that given the choice between missing my daily food goals and this one, this is the lesser of two evils. But I'm still going to try to absolutely minimize it, and drink only water where possible.

My long-term weight goal is 80kg (176.4 lb). I'm giving it all I have.

submitted by /u/GivingMyAll2022
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32XKG12

No comments:

Post a Comment