Saturday, January 1, 2022

I was doing great, kept my weight off for years, and then the holidays hit.

As the title says, I've been doing excellently with my weight loss journey, it started in 2019 and I lost the vast majority of the weight I had by mid 2020. I was probably 140-150 the beginning of this year. Moved back home because of covid, and my weight climbed back up to 170-175... I have a "fat family" (I hate to call it that, but it is what it is) that almost mocks me for being concientious of my health, always insists I should be eating more etc, and up until december had been doing really well ignoring it, going back down to my "goal weight" of 145. All while putting on a decent amount of muscle.

However, when december started, I lost a couple people, things got stressful, and, because of the stress and a lot of poor decisions on my end, I've gone back up to 160 or so. Today we just got back from the funeral, and the whole extended family is coming over for food and drinks. I haven't drank in almost a year, so I'm going to participate at least to some extent.

I guess what I'm asking is- How do you avoid getting discouraged when you put some weight back on? I get pretty bad bouts of depression when my weight is going back up, which leads me to making poorer decisions and potentially put on even more. And its extremely discouraging that I put on so much weight in such a short timespan.

submitted by /u/FuckKpins
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3JCpBdA

No comments:

Post a Comment